By Michael B. Horn and Bob Moesta.
Foreword by Clayton M. Christensen
Cut through the noise and make better college and career choices
This book addresses the college-choosing problem. The rankings, metrics, analytics, college visits, and advice used to help us make these decisions are out of step with the progress individual students are trying to make. They don’t give students and families the information and context they need to make a high-stakes decision about whether and where to get an education.
Choosing College strips away the noise to help you understand why you’re going to school. What’s driving you? What are you trying to accomplish? Once you know why, the book will help you make better choices.
The research in this book illustrates that choosing a school is complicated. By constructing more than 200 mini-documentaries of how students chose different postsecondary educational experiences, the authors explore the motivations for how and why people make the decisions that they do at a much deeper, causal level. By the end, you’ll know why you’re going and what you’re really chasing.
- Identifies the five different Jobs for which students hire postsecondary education
- Allows you to see your true options for what’s next
- Offers guidance for how to successfully choose your pathway
- Illuminates how colleges and entrepreneurs can build better experiences for each Job
The authors help readers understand not what job students want out of college, but what “Job” students are hiring college to do for them.
Pre-order via Amazon.
Limited-time pre-order offers*
- Buy 1 book and be entered into a raffle to win an hour-long counseling session with 1 of the authors
- Buy 10+ copies to participate in a specially recorded interview where the authors will answer 3 of your questions
- Buy 50-100 copies and join in a 60-minute conference call or Google Hangout with one of the authors for you, your organization, or school to ask questions
- Buy 100-249 copies for a 1.5-hour webinar with presentation and Q&A for your organization or school
- Buy 500-999 copies for a speaking event anywhere in the US that features a 60-minute in-person presentation to your organization or school
- Buy 1,000+ copies to receive 1 half-day workshop anywhere in the US.
*Must send an email with order confirmation/receipt to [email protected]
* Offer ends Sept. 9, 2019