2021 started with a ray of hope that life would “return to normal” after multiple COVID-19 vaccines were released. That hope quickly dissipated once new variants began to emerge, followed by a resurgence of the virus in many countries around the world. Life has not returned to normal and may not for a long time.
Yet, in the midst of all this struggle, we must remain hopeful.
Hopeful that we can beat the virus; hopeful that we can beat poverty; and most importantly, hopeful that we can create prosperity for the billions of people around the world who struggle to make a living.
The blogs we published in 2021 highlight some of the ways we gave hope to people.
Here are our top 10 blogs of 2021.
- Not so fast: What Biden’s $2 trillion infrastructure bill needs to be impactful
- 3 lessons from 2020 that will guide our global prosperity work in 2021
- COVID was a test the world failed. How can we better ensure sustainable prosperity?
- Three reasons anti-poverty programs don’t work, and how there’s a better way
- How South Korea became the “most innovative country” in the world
- The power and simplicity of Job to Be Done theory
- Problems, solutions, and outcomes; a big misunderstanding in development
- Innovation isn’t about breakthrough tech—it’s about breaking down barriers
- The supreme importance of innovation theories
- How Alibaba solved the trust problem on its platform and a model for companies in growth economies